Friday, August 27, 2010

Finally, The Vegan French Toast Cupcakes....



I have wanted to try this for quite some time, and was finally able to get the courage to do it. The recipe would have been great the way she had it but I again added my own tweeks. (even an extra layer of yumm) If you wanted the original recipe to follow, the link is there.




Heres the Recipe W/ my tweeks....

Vegan French Toast Cupcakes
1 C. Soy Milk
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 C. Flour
2 T. Cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 C. Canola Oil
3/4 C. Sugar
1 1/4 tsp. maple extract
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp maple syrup

* Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pans
* Whisk Soy millk and apple cider vinegar together in a large bowl and set aside to curdle
* In a smaller bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg
* Add oil, sugar, extracts and maple syrup to soy milk mixture and beat until mixed
* Add dry mixture to soy milk mixture and beat until until no large lumps remain
* Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
* Cool for 10 minutes, in this time look below and prepare frosting.

**Before Cupcake is completely cooled I melted about 1/4 C. maple syrup in the microwave and brushed them onto the warm cupcakes for a layer of sugary goodness and a flavor that can't be beat... YUMMM...

Vegan Cream Cheese
:::Can you see the little bit of glossiness (probably not a word)
that would be the maple syrup I melted and brushed on top::::
1/4 C. margarine
1/4 C. vegan cream cheese, softened
2 C. Confectioners Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp Maple extract.

* Cream together margarine and cream cheese
* Add sugar 1/2 cup batches to avoid mess mix in till creamy and smooth
* Add vanilla and maple extract and beat until smooth

These cupcakes were a huge hit among my Two girls, Natasha 3 and Eleanor 15 months, My wonderful neice Eliza 19 months, Cousin Cassandra 18, Celia 25, and I (24)...and needless to say they were YUMMY...the tweeks I made gave a little more of a maple flavor and the house smell of french toast and maple syrup, a few of my morning favorites. YUmm Yumm...
My husband is serveing in afghanistan as a marine and the deal was for me to learn to cook his moms special dinners, well i've learned only one out of the many he loves, and have decided to fill my kitchen with cupcakes and sweet aromas. Don't know what I'm going to do when he gets home...but i do know hes going to eat some great cupcakes. Enjoy. 
YUMMMMMMMM!!!! I ADORE the pictures I've taken with forks...dunno makes it look way yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment